Endoscopic examination and treatment
Endoscopy treatment allows your doctor to visualize various areas inside your body using an endoscope, a thin, flexible tube fitted with a camera. A number of endoscopic procedures are used to examine various parts of the body or treat certain conditions, including:
For further information, contact us at 214-320-7000
Our board-certified ENT doctors have the training and expertise to provide a full range of treatment options, including:
- Arthroscopy visualizes inside the joints
- Bronchoscopy examines the airways and lungs
- Colonoscopy looks at the large intestine and rectum
- Cystoscopy views the inside of the bladder
- Enteroscopy studies the small intestine (small bowel)
- Laparoscopy explores the abdomen or pelvis
- Sigmoidoscopy assesses the lower part of the colon
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy investigates the esophagus and stomach
Minimally invasive techniques
During the exam, an endoscope is passed through a natural opening in the body (such as the mouth or anus) or your doctor may make a small incision, such as in the pelvic or abdominal area for a laparoscopic exam.
Endoscopy can also be used to perform a biopsy or remove tissue, and the endoscope can be fitted with various devices such as lasers, ultrasound devices or tiny surgical instruments. A mild sedative is used during most endoscopic procedures.